Author Topic: I've proAVAST PAID/registered in 'DEAD' desktop & buy another license! WHY??????  (Read 2952 times)

Offline diwax

• May the Sunshine on you always :-)
I've pro-AVAST PAID/registered in 'DEAD' desktop and was to I have buy another license! WHY??????     >:(- My product keys and license are still current and not due to expire for another year. I was told I have to purchase another license for my new lap top.  Why can my current account license/keys be transfer to my lap top?  I can't even access the license or product key from the old desktop.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
I don't know who told you that ?

If the licence is still current, it can be used on the new system. If you are able to remove the avast installation from the other system that would be normal, however on a dead system that may not be possible. So long as you don't have multiple active installations (connecting to the internet, getting updates, etc. etc.) for that license.

You can copy your license.avastlic file to the new system and when you install avast double click the license.avastlic file and it should insert the license into the new installation.

Pretty similar to this topic, http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=115271.0, which also gives a link to resend your license if you haven't backed it up.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.5.6116 (build 24.5.9153.762) UI 1.0.808/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline diwax

I received a reply from avast saying I would have to purchase another license  >:(

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
I think it isn't quite clear what it is you were asking so that may have caused a little confusion.

Your image Support Ticket Title "Can I had my new lap top to my current account ? Or do I have to purchase another plan ?"

I believe this had been interpreted as, Can I had add my new lap top to my current account, as in add another system to your existing one (not transfer to new system) and the answer would be no as it would be being used on two systems.

####
So I think it is confusion on how many systems this would be on, you can safely do as I have suggested transfer the license to the new system and dispose of the dead one (removing avast if possible, so it can't be used).
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.5.6116 (build 24.5.9153.762) UI 1.0.808/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline diwax

THANK YOU AND APOLIGIZE FOR THE CONFUSION- ??? :-[ :-[

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
You're welcome.

I'm not worried about confusion, just helping resolve a problem, as I'm an avast user like yourself.