Author Topic: disabling anti-theft... Help!  (Read 2157 times)

aurelius777

disabling anti-theft... Help!
« on: February 25, 2013, 08:49:13 PM »
I have a Nexus 4. I recently installed the Avast security software on it. On friday the phone fell into a pool. I quickly removed the SIM and placed it for 48hrs-plus on a bag of uncooked rice. Today I took it out, inserted the SIM,and turned it on. Works fine, apparently. But it turned the alarm on and asked for my PIN (tried all my regular ones, but to no avail). I have rebooted several times, first it asks me for my pattern on the lock screen, which I CAN remember and always input correctly, and then it goes by itself to Avast alarm mode. I only get about 2-3 seconds in between. Also, the phone number I put in as a contact (my wife's) does not get any SMS about the status/location of the phone.

The phone has not been stolen (or reported stolen!!). It has the same SIM it ever had. Same number. What can have possibly activated the Stolen/Lost status? What can be done? Can I root it? Or any other kind of reset Or is there something I could possibly do with the 2-3 seconds it gives me once I input the unlock pattern correctly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Werner

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: disabling anti-theft... Help!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 10:55:24 PM »
reply via PN

carsi

Re: disabling anti-theft... Help!
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 10:58:17 PM »
help also needed here. i recently bust the screen on my galaxy s2. took it in to be repaired. i got it back today. the shop that repaired it switched it on without my sim in. now i get the alarm saying its been lost or stollen. how do i switch it off please.  :-\