Author Topic: Can i delete these pup's without causing any trouble  (Read 1795 times)

Diddy

Can i delete these pup's without causing any trouble
« on: May 01, 2014, 10:53:36 PM »
hi Avast i need some help today last night i tried to upload a picture from this computer to my gmail account from this computer and a message came up from gmail that it had detected a virus so today i ran a malwarebytes free scan and some pup's came up and a folder so i want to now if i can delete these pup's without causing any trouble avast.  i always want to make sure it is ok to delete the pup's without causing any trouble avast.

Thanks
operating system Windows 7 home premium

i did an otl log can some just run though it please to make sure their is no virus on this computer did a quick scan otl log below;

« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 11:10:22 PM by Diddy »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Can i delete these pup's without causing any trouble
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 10:58:19 PM »
Malwarebytes PUP can always be removed ......and if you want them back, you find them in malwarebytes quarantine, from where you can restore

and if you want to know what it is......  take the pup name from mbam log   http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+PUP.Optional.MySpeedDial

if you have to ask evrytime you see a mbam detection ...... then it is not for you

Diddy

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 11:11:22 PM »
Thanks Pondus i did not now you could always delete Pup's I learn something new every day

Thanks again Pondus

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 11:18:18 PM »
Thanks Pondus i did not now you could always delete Pup's I learn something new every day

Thanks again Pondus
PUPs are just crap programs/annoy ware that follow with freware downloads ..... like the mal-wart ad paper that they stick inside your News Paper

if you wonder about something, you should realy learn how to use google...or any other search engine....the info is out there if you search, that is how we find stuff