Author Topic: Scan results: Error: The Process cannot access the file because another process  (Read 4043 times)

nine9s

Full error message in Avast sca log:

Error: The Process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file (33)

Quick scan showed one file with this error message:

The file path is C:\Users\<computer name>\AppData\Roaming\Nvidia\GLCahce\ddc248ccca3154b8ec42f8a2146bc4d0d\ceb9418eeff29015\59f7eabc1bdabc21.bin

Full scan showed same file plus sam path up to actually file:  59f7eabc1bdabc21.toc

Those were only two files in that folder.

Malwarebyes could scan both and detected nothing.

I uploaded both files to VirSCAN.org and of its 37 scanning engines, nothing was detected.  Weird thing though: I also tried upload to virustotal.com and neither file would upload there (to test, I uploaded a total different file, just random word file in my documents, to test if a virustotal.com server problem and the other file uploaded all right.)

It seems no malware, but why can Avast not scan these files but Malwarebytes can - will this be a continue thing I will see in all Avast scan if these files stay on my system?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • F-Secure user
files that can not be scanned are just that, no more no less, and it does mot mean they are infected
avast is just giving you a scan error report and the reason why

this is the most frequent asked question in this forum so you find a ton of info if you search
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 08:25:20 AM by Pondus »