Author Topic: Malicious URL blocked, every 2-3 seconds.....plus avast says unsecured?  (Read 2756 times)

etfonedhome

OK.

When I first log on, I get Mal url blocked at least 3-4 times 10 seconds or so. after about 20-30 minutes, it slows to about 1 every 30 minutes. The Mal URL varies, but is mostly something with the word "puma" in it. (smspuma.com, listpuma.com, etc....)

Oddly enough, when I first saw this madness, my first instinct was to yank the LAN, then run a full virus scan, and runtime, all clear.

I logged back in, (still offline), and what should I see? Malicious Url's being blocked by the truckload.... I'm no computer genius or anything, but would the pc not have to be online to be attempting malicious URL's?

Also, when I look in the systray, the avast icon has an x on it, clicking it says that avast is off, my pc is unsecured due to expired registration. (It's up to date.)

Another thing I dislike, When I click the more info button on the malicious url popup, it takes me to a screen where Avast informs me that it has just rescued my first-born child from dragons, while simultaneously saving the Universe from the wrath of all the gods at once, and in return, I should really upgrade to the paid version.

Is this some form of really irritating ad campaign from Avast???

« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 06:02:54 AM by etfonedhome »

etfonedhome

Some additional screenshots of what is going on. The malicious url's no longer contain the word puma, now they just say http\\:

etfonedhome

Also, aswMBR will not run. I get the following message, and it just closes mid scan.
Interesting side note, it always crashes while scanning the same file/location: (Service WinDefend C:\Program Files.)

Any Ideas?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 06:33:50 AM by etfonedhome »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
you may try run aswMBR from safe mode....
also attach AdwCleaner log.   http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0

malware removers are notified, it may take hours before they arrive so be patient

Offline magna86

• Anti Malware Fighter
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • Ambulanta MyCity Forum - ASAP Member
Hi,
aswMBR is antirootkit tool and can't load his driver into windows 8 kernel.

Please download zoek.exe and save it to your desktop.

• Close any open browsers.
  •   Temporarily disable your AntiVirus program. (If necessary)
    If you are unsure how to do this please read this or this Instruction.

• Double click on zoek.exe to run the tool .
    Please wait while the tool does not start...

• Copy the text present inside the code box below and paste it into the large window in the zoek tool:
Code: [Select]

autoclean;
resethosts;
chromelook;
firefoxlook;
shortcutfix;

• Click on Run script button
    Please wait until a logreport will open (this can be after reboot)

• Save notepad to your Desktop and attach here zoek-results.log

Note: It will also create a log in the C:\ directory named "zoek-results.log"

« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 01:57:13 PM by magna86 »