Author Topic: Blocked Outbound Traffic  (Read 2584 times)

Johnny4745

Blocked Outbound Traffic
« on: April 02, 2013, 11:07:13 PM »
I have been watching my firewall logs, and most of the blocked traffic is inbound.  What I'm concerned about is the traffic that is blocked going out.

Is there a program on my computer that is trying to send out information?  If it is how do I find it?

This remote address 66.114.54.35 has been blocked for outbound traffic.  The company is CDNETWORKS INC. In San Jose California.

I don't know how it can be called a remote address, since the traffic is stopped from going out.

That address doesn't show up in network connections.

timcan

Johnny4745

Re: Blocked Outbound Traffic
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 08:46:15 PM »
I'm trying netstat now.  I'm going to let it run for a couple of hours and then check it.  I doubt it will give more information than Avast, but it might.  I will let you know how it comes out.

I did do some searching on my own just using information from Avast, and this is what I found:

igmp.mcast.net  224.0.0.22

This is a multicast network, it has to do with live streaming video, and I'm sure my ISP put it on my computer.

When a website has live streaming video, its servers won't be overloaded, because the live stream is sent to Multicast, and Multicast sends it to ISPs, and the ISPs stream it to their customers.

I'll leave this one alone.

Google  74.125.140.189
ye-in-f139.1e100.net
abelhub.com, glamory.com, rupeeonrails.net, stonersoath.com

Each one of these names resolves to the Google Search Page.

Firefox installs a Google search bar when it is installed.

I removed the the search bar, and now Google no longer tries to connect to the Internet.

I used Google for years, buy after I found out about their privacy policy, and how they collected private information, I removed anything that had to do with Google from my computer.

I now use Yahoo Search, and Bing Maps.

Johnny4745

Re: Blocked Outbound Traffic
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 09:26:10 PM »
Netstat was no help.  Avast provides a lot more information.  I'm glad I didn't let it run for two hours, there must have been hundreds of connections displayed when I opened it in notepad.

I did notice another program trying to access the Internet.  It was the Avast Forum.  I don't know why Avast blocked it.

Czech Republic, Prague