Author Topic: AVAST ISSUE  (Read 1770 times)

Offline Bassmaster

AVAST ISSUE
« on: November 26, 2014, 09:03:37 PM »
I'm having an issue with one PC trying to get Avast installed and working correctly.  I'm able to get  the installation done thru AES, but the Avast Icon will not appear on the lower right corner of the screen, even though it does on other PC installations I've done today.  If I try to go into the Avast settings  thru the Avast console on PC, it wants the password, I enter it and it keeps responding that its not valid (I know that it is valid)  Is there a registry entry or ini file somewhere in the installation location that I can check to correct these 2 issues?  I've uninstalled and re-installed multiple times with the same exact results.  Its only with this one computer. 

REDACTED

Re: AVAST ISSUE
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 12:14:59 PM »
Please try to remove avast! and any other previous versions from this particular client by following the instructions in http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility.
After avast! has been removed push deployment once again or use a generated installation package from AEA and install avast! client on this machine.
In order to check/edit/remove the password for the client/s, you can go to AEA console->right click on the group where this machine is located->Properties->Under "Policies:avast! Antivirus" select "Password". After that right click on the password field and select "Define value".
Btw if you didn't change the password for the clients it should be the default one 'admin'(without quotes).

Offline Bassmaster

Re: AVAST ISSUE
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 03:17:02 PM »
For whatever reason perhaps with the latest virus definitions update, the PC is back to normal today.  I am able to connect to with the password.