Author Topic: Invalid Context  (Read 11347 times)

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Invalid Context
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2013, 12:02:45 PM »
You are completely safe :)

Filip

LemonScrub

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2013, 12:13:05 PM »
thanks are you one of the avast mobile security programmers?

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2013, 12:16:14 PM »
No problem. Yes, I am.

Filip

hanschke

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2013, 08:36:06 PM »
same problem here. Today I got it with every app now. 20 and more message. Maybe a database problem?

gcib

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2013, 09:26:12 AM »
Фото
same problem here. Today I got it with every app now. 20 and more message. Maybe a database problem?
It might be. But we need to see more details.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2013, 09:42:07 AM »

Still happening?

Filip

Erroneus

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2013, 08:34:58 AM »
Still happening here. Happened tonight on my Nexus 4, during it's scheduled scan. Happened a couple of days ago on my LG Optimus 2X and my Nexus 7. Will keep an eye on them, and see when it happens.

Offline patrice58

• Advanced Poster
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2013, 02:20:33 PM »
Likewise with me every auto scan I do ( I have set AMS to scan my SD card and apps at midnight.) In say out of 10 auto scans in 7 of those there will be a invalid content issue. When you try to report it as a false positive it tells you there is no file of that name. HUH? So I just do a manual scan (same places SD card and apps) and that scans with no problem. I can always tell when it happens as I will have 1 problem after a 12am scan.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 02:22:28 PM by patrice58 »
Vista Home Premium 32 bit (user account) CISC 4.1.150349.920 + CAV (On Access) + Sandbox,V-Engine 2.7.0.37, SpywareBlaster 4.3, SAS (free), a-squared (free) MBAM (free) Finjan Secure Browsing, Windows Defender (scanner only), Zemana AntiLogger 1.9.2.206,

LunarWolf

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2013, 03:52:40 PM »
Hi,

I am also having invalid context. It was just little. Files ending with .txt is showing up as some of the problems. When I did a scan, it increased to 64. It also include all the apps inside my phone. Did an update and said I have the latest version.

Please look into it. Maybe is because I move my apps to the sd card.

McWire

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2013, 09:38:56 PM »
I'm getting 300 of these per hour.. Every hour.. 4 PUP's that I can't locate (seems to be some EA apk's which I never downloaded). The invalid contexts are appearing for all sorts of file types; jpg, wave, mp3, etc. I ignore them, and within seconds they flood in at a rate of 30 per minute.. Asus TF300t stock jb 4.2.1 w/ multiple users. In the time it took me to write this I received 267 notifications... :-\

Edit: avast version 'unknown' & when I check for updates screen goes black, pops up 'avast is protecting you,' and brings me to the ever increasing log page.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 10:06:21 PM by McWire »

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2013, 10:51:16 PM »
I'm getting 300 of these per hour.. Every hour.. 4 PUP's that I can't locate (seems to be some EA apk's which I never downloaded). The invalid contexts are appearing for all sorts of file types; jpg, wave, mp3, etc. I ignore them, and within seconds they flood in at a rate of 30 per minute.. Asus TF300t stock jb 4.2.1 w/ multiple users. In the time it took me to write this I received 267 notifications... :-\

Edit: avast version 'unknown' & when I check for updates screen goes black, pops up 'avast is protecting you,' and brings me to the ever increasing log page.

Hi,

in this case I can only recommend deleting Mobile Security data, you will lose some settings, but it should work again. It's really bad that this never happened to me or anyone I know so I can't really figure out why is that happening for a selected few. It seems that AMS crashes when you try to check for update, in that case you can try (after reproducing the update issue) go to Settings-About-Send feedback, check all checkboxes, send it and then post here the ticked ID you will receive via email. I can check the logs if there is something useful there.

Filip

McWire

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2013, 12:15:31 AM »
...It seems that AMS crashes when you try to check for update...

I checked the logs shortly after I made that post. It seems to check and confirm it is up to date. I'd be happy to post the logs if you'd like, or you can probe my setup before/after I clear the data. I wasn't looking for a solution, but thought I'd offer you guys the ability to get some intel if it's a problem you're trying address. I have a hunch it's related to multiple user setup's... but that would isolate the problem to only 4.2.x, no? I'll clear the data 24hrs from this posts time-stamp if I haven't heard back. Cheers.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2013, 09:49:41 AM »
Answered via email :)

Filip

hipsterdufus

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2013, 08:31:11 PM »
I have uninstalled avast as this issue makes it worse than useless for me.