Author Topic: The topic from Japan  (Read 4178 times)

HIPPO

The topic from Japan
« on: April 03, 2005, 03:14:57 PM »
Hi Support & All

Show screeshot.
This is site of ALTECH - The software (Free or Shearwear) of the world where you can search with Japanese.

Avast was No.1 (17,264download/month) recently at the frequency of download of one month of this sight.

[Something related to security]
12.Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.3
35.AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 7.3
36.Ad-Aware SE Personal Edition 1.05

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: The topic from Japan
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2005, 03:50:16 PM »
Thanks to Iso-G the Japanese translator of avast!  8)
I hope the Professional version has a chance in your 'other side' of the world...  ;)
The best things in life are free.

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2005, 09:00:10 PM »
Do Japanese users like Nippon skin for avast! ? It's not my best skin ever, but still I think it looks pretty neat... and it's dedicated to avast! users in Japan.

Cheers !
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

kamulko

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2005, 09:49:31 PM »
I'm happy to see Avast! at the first places for downloaded antivirus in Japan... I suffer because in Italy there are not deep analysis of Avast! on the software magazines: only few words. Today, most of persons look for "Disneyzed" design, with rounded and coloured interfaces. I know this is an important thing but Avast! offers "meat" not "bones", as we say in Italy :-) ... for non highly skilled users like me is a important to learn 'cause it is possible to "play" with many parameters and it's also possible learn more about the heart of antiviruses engines. No software it's more interesting than Avast! And I begin to understand why the "old" forum-evangelists are so "ardent lovers" of Avast! Concluding my long chat, I have 2 questions:
1- What is the origin of the name "Avast!"?; I don't know his meaning but in my language (italian) this word have a good and "powerful" sound, very nice for a protective software.
2- (for S.Z. Craftec) please can you create a fine skin for my beloved Soccer team, INTER?
 http://www.inter.it/

Long Live Avast! People!!!

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
    • Don't Surf in the Nude!
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2005, 09:55:14 PM »
Avast (Nautical) Stop, cease [Dutch hound vast hold fast]
     Bambleweeny 57 sub-meson brain     Don't Surf in the Nude Blog

kamulko

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2005, 11:05:55 PM »
Avast (Nautical) Stop, cease [Dutch hound vast hold fast]
Thanks for your explain about the name Avast! :-)

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2005, 11:43:09 PM »
As Technical already pointed out, a huge thanks goes to Iso-G who has certainly helped it a lot! (not only by translating the program and the help files, but also by running a Japanese web page on avast!)
Thanks!

HIPPO

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2005, 01:48:36 PM »
Hallo S.Z.Craftec

It tries taking the questionnaire. Please wait for about one week.
I am a business trip now.

Hallo Kanulko

Today, most of persons look for "Disneyzed" design, with rounded and coloured interfaces. I know this is an important thing but Avast! offers "meat" not "bones", as we say in Italy :-) ... for non highly skilled users like me is a important to learn 'cause it is possible to "play" with many parameters and it's also possible learn more about the heart of antiviruses engines.

I am the same thought