Author Topic: Problem with the function for "Track network data and Wi-Fi usage"  (Read 2167 times)

Tomy Zaugusky

Hi everybody,
I'm using Avast mobile security since a couple of years on my smartphone a rooted samsung Galaxy.
I'm enjoying especially the Firewall option available, very powerfull and complete.

But I have noticed something very strange with my wifi and an App who is using wifi even if my phone was in airplane mode,and  wifi and all data roaming was turned off!
Avast "Track network" show that there is 304mo up and 307mo down by "ES file explorer" app, and during the night. But as I said, phone was in airplane mode and wifi was turned off!!! Above all, this app is blacklisted into the avast firewall for all data transfer, include wifi!

How is it possible? Avast didn't found virus, the app was downloaded from google play, and nobody seems say there is a security problem with this app.
Is it possible that is just the app who try to connect and looping all the time without response, because of the phone's "hosts" rules configurated by the Avast firewall. That could explain why upload and download counters was pretty the same!
Thanks for your help and advices

reinhardholzner

Re: Problem with the function for "Track network data and Wi-Fi usage"
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 12:48:47 PM »
thats strange. however, it might also be android bug, we use values coming from Android so if there comes something wrong we cannot solve that,

Tomy Zaugusky

Re: Problem with the function for "Track network data and Wi-Fi usage"
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 07:51:54 PM »
Yes that's strange as you said ! maybe you're right for android bug ?! :/ it could be interesting to have feedback from other people who use avast and Cyangenmod and ES file explorer on a samsung. I guess that should not be difficult to find people with same configuration! If they could try experience with ES file manager activate and smartphone in Airplane mode...
Today the smartphone stay in airplane mode all day long and avast give me same count that yesterday 37 up 37 down ! maybe a bug with refresh? !
thanks to you for taking a minute for answering even if I stay with my previous question don't solved.