Author Topic: Every time I launch Chrome, I get extra tabs: about:blank, LP Online Security P  (Read 5629 times)

domehead100

WTF, every time I launch Chrome, the Avast extension creates an about:blank tab and then a tab about downloading the Free Mobile Security app.

This is very irritating. How can I turn this off? 

Aventador

No reason to swear first of all. Secondly this is not an Avast issue. Close out the other tabs. Now have ONLY the tab you want to be your home page open. Click the 3 bars on the top right corner of Chrome. Then click on "settings". Under the on start area click on open a specific page then click on set pages. Select use current page. It should show the page you have open such as Yahoo.com. Click ok and close out Chrome. Chrome is set be default to open where you left off. Hence what you currently see.

domehead100

Sorry, wasn't exactly swearing, just an acronym.

This is most definitely an Avast issue.  First, Chrome is set to "Show New Tab", not any set of startup pages, yet every time I start Chrome, I get the "LP Online Security Plugin" extra tab. Second, this only started after I installed and registered Avast Internet Security (started the very same day in fact).

I didn't ask for this "ad" to appear every time I open my browser, and not sure why I would want to install the mobile security plugin on my non-mobile laptop.

domehead100

Oh, and if I disable the Avast extension in Chrome, the problem doesn't happen.