Author Topic: Avast is way too sensitive  (Read 3785 times)

jawbrkr

Avast is way too sensitive
« on: July 28, 2013, 11:39:46 PM »
I am new here so please forgive me if this has already been answered. I just downloaded the free version of avast. I love the software but I find it to be way too sensitive. It keeps detecting my itunes.exe, svchost.com and chrome.exe as viruses. That's just ridiculous. How do I correct thid problem? Has anyone else experienced the same?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Avast is way too sensitive
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 11:45:55 PM »
have you changed any default settings?

what malware name does avast give these files?

Offline !Donovan

• Web Analyst
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
    • The WAR Against Malware
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 11:47:06 PM »
This is not normal behavior.

What are you doing when these processes are detected? It would also help if you attached a screenshot of the alert.

We'll be glad to help,
~!Donovan
Familiarize Yourself! | Educate Yourself! | Beautify Yourself! | Scan Yourself!
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 12:48:12 AM »
This file name svchost.com, isn't usual (no such file on my XP Pro or win7 system) and could well be trying to look like svchost.exe unless you have made a typo or an error in the detected file name. The svchost.exe file is normally in the c:\windows\system32 folder.

If it is svchost.com then this is somewhat suspect so the location of this file and other information requested is helpful.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

jawbrkr

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 03:51:57 AM »
I figured it out. I had a bloody virus on my pc. It was Win32:Neshta. Had to clean my pc with with microsoft security essentials. Im good to go. That son of a gun was making its way through all the .exe files on my pc.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 05:52:51 AM »
running multiple antivirus will make your computer slower, give windows errors and false detections

W32:neshta is a file infector virus

i recomend you attach the requested logs from our removal guide and let a malware expert check for any infections

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2013, 05:54:40 AM »
follow guide and attach the requested logs  (not copy and paste)   http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0

run in order listed
AdwCleaner / Malwarebytes / OTL / aswMBR

when done removal experts will be notified and check the logs for infections....

if trouble running any of the Tools, try run from safe mode..