Author Topic: Numerous Avast Issues - Infected PC  (Read 2640 times)

r.clark

Numerous Avast Issues - Infected PC
« on: August 20, 2013, 12:15:41 AM »
I'm having numerous problems using avast on my PC. I switched to avast when my subscription to Kaspersky ended. Right after the subscription was up my computer started running poorly and I'm pretty sure It's infected. I've tried going to a previous restore point and I've updated all my drivers. many functions of Avast seem to not working at all or not well. Some things I've noticed:

-Updates wont install
-Can't run quick scan unless in safe mode (no endpoints available in the mapper)
-Quick scan will run in safe mode but will not finish (stuck at 99%)
-Avast will become unresponsive when attempting to scan a specific folder
-scheduled boot scans wont run when I restart
-I'm unable to register my copy

So far I've been able to scan my system with:
superantispyware, which turned up nothing
ClamWin, which found two infected files: acrobroker.exe and tmp2bpgf3.zip (which I think was called something else, I'll update once I can find/recall it)
TDSSkiller, which didnt find anything
Avast's quickscan got to 99% as I mentioned, didn't find any infected files though.

So, I'm wondering what to do here. Despite the Clamwin scan and quarantine, my computer is still running poorly and I'm having trouble using Avast and Malwarebytes. How should I proceed? I'll be around to provide information or scanlogs to those more knowledgeable. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm currently using a Samsung QX411 running Windows 7 64-bit.

lord ami

Re: Numerous Avast Issues - Infected PC
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 12:17:24 AM »
I guess you'd better turn to this sub forum :)
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=4.0

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 10:04:35 AM »
did you uninstall previous used AV before installing avast?
did you run the vendors removal tool to clear any leftover files that may conflict?
installing multiple AV will give you a slow machine, windows errors and false detections

if you did a system restore that often corrupt avast install unless you turn off selfprotection first...

r.clark

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 08:52:40 PM »
did you uninstall previous used AV before installing avast?
did you run the vendors removal tool to clear any leftover files that may conflict?
installing multiple AV will give you a slow machine, windows errors and false detections

if you did a system restore that often corrupt avast install unless you turn off selfprotection first...

That's possible, before downloading Avast I used Kaspersky, though I think I started having problems shortly before getting Avast. In any case I will uninstall Kaspersky now (right now I can't even launch it, the right click option is greyed out). I will also uninstall and reinstall Avast in safemode.

I took the previous poster's advice and have gone through the subforum's sticky and created a support thread in the proper section: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=132860.0

Thanks for the insight. :)