Author Topic: Is Avast Free good or do I have to pay?  (Read 2848 times)

Mira252

Is Avast Free good or do I have to pay?
« on: October 10, 2013, 01:57:21 PM »
I bought a new Lenovo laptop a week ago and it has Mcafee Internet Security on it. First I thought it was a good anti virus and I was almost paying for it, but it has so much errors and does this frustrating automatic scans that make my laptop slow and it makes very strange sounds I'm scared my laptop will burn. I also searched a bit on the internet and most of the people say that Mcafee isn't a good virus scanner and a few weeks ago I had an error with a program and it could be caused by a virus but I'm not sure Mcafee will track it when there is, so now I obviously want another one to make sure I have none. I'm thinking of Avast but I don't know if the Free gives me good protection against all sort of viruses? I play a game and I download stuff for it on the internet, and I can't be sure I won't download viruses when I'm on sites I never was before so I'd like a pretty strong virus scanner but I don't think my dad wants to pay for it.

Actually, my question is; will Avast Free protect my laptop from viruses when I download stuff on the internet or do I better try to convince my dad to pay for it?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Is Avast Free good or do I have to pay?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 02:08:58 PM »
I think you won't regret on having the free version. There are a lot of independent test that certify the avast! detection capabilities.
About McAfee removal, http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS101331
The best things in life are free.