Author Topic: can not registered-activation key inot valid  (Read 2550 times)

patt

can not registered-activation key inot valid
« on: December 05, 2013, 06:43:19 PM »
I have been using Avast Free for years with no problem. Today just installed avast 2014 Free but it shows "the system is unsecured" and "Your registraton has expired" (pls. see attached pic.)

- I go to  "Register now" , it shows "Loading" for a while but nothing happened.
- Then I go to offline Registration and submit the "Registration form" on web.  I got a mail with the license key but when I enter the key several times (by using copy&paste), the program says "The activation key is not valid".

- In Control panel, there is change/remove option on avast (no repair). However I cannot uninstall avast.

I am using windows 30 Bit v6.1 (build 7600)
avast v 32767.65535
SUPERAntiSpyware 5.6.1042
and my computer date is correct.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: can not registered-activation key inot valid
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 07:11:55 PM »
Reboot!

If that doesn't work try a repair...
Control Panel>Uninstall a Program>double click "avast">click "repair">reboot  :)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

nogeeks.org

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 12:49:59 AM »
I had the same problem. You must run aswclear.exe to completely remove the software, then reinstall your old version and then insert the license key. The new version has some serious issues.

patt

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 04:44:41 AM »
http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility
I use avastclear.exe to uninstall in safe mode and reinstall avast. Now it works properly.

Thanks for your advice.