Author Topic: system hooks  (Read 3383 times)

cartel

system hooks
« on: May 27, 2005, 06:29:18 AM »
I have removed avast for now.....I would like to have it sit there until i use it but even with unchecking everything but skins and help, i cant get rid of the system hooks for keyboard and mouse.
For some reason my new video drivers dont get along with avast very well i would like to use it still but manually do complete scans before i go to bed or something but as i said its still running.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: system hooks
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2005, 10:13:31 AM »
I'm afraid I don't understand what exactly the problems are. You speak about keyboard and mouse, video drivers, and manual scanning... there shouldn't be any connection between those.

Could you describe the situation more in detail, please? What did you do, what did you expect, and what was really happening?

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2005, 01:27:26 PM »
...maybe the keyboard/mouse hook in aswIdle.dll used for VRDB generation?
You should be able to suppress it by simply NOT starting the avast antivirus service (Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services).
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

cartel

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2005, 01:37:44 PM »
I tried to disable vrdb too. Avast started to give me illegal ops so i had to uninstall it. I would like to use it still for maual drive scans but it has "system hooks" so does my video driver, "rundll32.exe", they dont get along well. :'(
« Last Edit: May 27, 2005, 01:40:06 PM by Cartel »

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2005, 01:39:38 PM »
Disable the services (as described above) and starting of ashDisp.exe in the registry, that will do.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

cartel

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2005, 01:44:15 PM »
Maybe i should go with avast! Virus Cleaner ?