Author Topic: Email Wizard ?  (Read 4326 times)

poonet

Email Wizard ?
« on: May 26, 2005, 07:07:48 PM »
I can´t find Email Wizard from Avast. Where is it ? I only see files:
Help, Avast! and Avast! website. Also when I´m using Microft Outlook ( non Outlook Express) Avast doesn´t scan my emails and I´m not able to change setups because there´s a problem to find Email Wizard.  After startup Microsoft Outlook I saw AVAST! PLUGIN screenshot.

I fixed some setups to Outlook but I cannot be sure that Avast is scanning my emails in Outlook (Microsoft) because Avast doesn´t write down any line (properties)  about scanning my emails  :(
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 07:33:37 PM by poonet »

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: Email Wizard ?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 07:39:29 PM »
If you have XP it is configured automatically otherwise go to your avast file and click ashpopwz.exe

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 08:06:15 PM »
Left click the blue ball, select Outlook, select customize, select inbound mail ensure the item insert notes to clean message is ticked then do the same for outbound I read your edit after I posted my last so ignore that ;D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2005, 03:48:35 AM »
I fixed some setups to Outlook but I cannot be sure that Avast is scanning my emails in Outlook (Microsoft) because Avast doesn´t write down any line (properties)  about scanning my emails  :(
To see if avast! is scanning emails, check one of these points:

1) Is the avast icon (the special one of email scanning) be shown in the system tray?

2) Is your email header with the lines X-Antivirus: avast! (VPS 0XXX-X, XX/XX/2005), Inbound message and X-Antivirus-Status: Clean? (Right click the message, choose Properties and Details)

You can test the security of your email system here: http://www.gfi.com/emailsecuritytest/

About Outlook and avast notes, see avast4.ini file thread: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=1647
There is a special value for troubleshooting this  :)
The best things in life are free.

poonet

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2005, 11:57:23 AM »
If you have XP it is configured automatically otherwise go to your avast file and click ashpopwz.exe

I´ve got WIN2000 Pro. I found it after all :)

poonet

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2005, 12:09:43 PM »

To see if avast! is scanning emails, check one of these points:

1) Is the avast icon (the special one of email scanning) be shown in the system tray?

2) Is your email header with the lines X-Antivirus: avast! (VPS 0XXX-X, XX/XX/2005), Inbound message and X-Antivirus-Status: Clean? (Right click the message, choose Properties and Details)

1)  Yes :)

2) Yes. Today I tested and everythings seems to be okay. Thank You ! :)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2005, 02:04:46 PM »
Today I tested and everythings seems to be okay. Thank You ! :)
Even the clean notes added at the end of the message?  :)
The best things in life are free.

poonet

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2005, 02:15:38 PM »
Today I tested and everythings seems to be okay. Thank You ! :)
Even the clean notes added at the end of the message?  :)

No no. That "clean notes" appears to my all messages after re-start my computer.
I checked that out many times today and that blue ball is rolling all the time when I´m using MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express and many more email clients.