Author Topic: Nvidia problems with Avast + Comodo  (Read 2479 times)

sykx

Nvidia problems with Avast + Comodo
« on: November 13, 2013, 03:53:32 AM »
Hi,

I bought a U430 Touch and installed Windows 7. Now I got a Problem, only with the newest Nvidia drivers.

I use Comodo Firewall and Avast Antivirus on my system + the newest Nvidia driver.
When I start Chrome, I get sometimes an Error message: "unknown software exception: 0xc0000409", its really just sometimes and if i get the message, then I cant load pages or just slowly. (I got the same setup on my Desktop PC and it works there without problems)

If I install the old Nvidia driver Version from the Lenovo support site + avast + comodo it works with no Errors.

Also it works if i only install:
Comodo + newest nvidia driver without Avast
Avast + newest nvidia driver without Comodo
Avast + Comodo without nvidia

It bothers me that I can't use the newest Nvidia driver + my self defense kit.
Hope you guys got any solution tips. Sorry for my english.

Offline dbrisendine

• Malware Fighter
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: Nvidia problems with Avast + Comodo
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 04:42:07 PM »
On notebook / laptops, it is not a good idea to run anything but the the latest driver from the manufacturer's (of the notebook / laptop) site.   There are usually hardware / BIOS changes to make the devices work together as they are embedded on the system board; not the same as a desktop where most of the components are left individual (stand alone cards).  Run with the latest driver from the Levono site. 
Win7 x32 Ult. SP1, Brain 2.0 / Win10 x64, Brain2.5
My help is always free but if you would like to help encourage me or show your thanks -----> DONATE