Author Topic: Urgent ! Please Help I can't debug in eclipse  (Read 2272 times)

askimboyxxx

Urgent ! Please Help I can't debug in eclipse
« on: November 09, 2013, 12:50:13 PM »
Before installing Avast Internet Security (i worked fine with avast free) i was able to run and debug my application in eclipse (version Juno) without problems, but after installing Avast Internet Security i can run my application but i can't debug it, in the fact when i click on F11 to launch debug i get the following error :

Cannot connect to VM
com.sun.jdi.connect.TransportTimeoutException
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 03:01:28 PM by askimboyxxx »

Mucaro

Re: Urgent ! Please Help I can't debug in eclipse
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 09:42:28 PM »
Hi askimboyxxx,
I'm having the same issue and have not been able to solve it.  I found a forum topic (https://feedback.avast.com/responses/eclipse-debug-functionality-not-working-after-upgrade-to-avast-2014) where David Jursa from Avast claims the issue was solved in version 9.0.2008.177, but the fact is it did not work for some people, me included.  I was able to go around the issue by uninstalling the paid version of Avast and installing the freebie.

Avast people, this is ridiculous.  I bought a 2-year, 3-license package less than a year ago.  Two of the PCs are used for Java development and had to be downgraded to the free version of Avast.  I love Avast so please fix the bug or add the solution to the FAQ pages.

SlyFox

Re: Urgent ! Please Help I can't debug in eclipse
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 04:28:39 AM »
Hello askimboyxxx and Mucaro,

I am sorry about your issues.  I am just another member trying to help other members here.  Sometimes my answers are helpful and at times they are not, I am sorry.  I did some searching on this specific issue and was amazed to see so many issues regarding this specific program.  The following I found and you both probably have tried the following to resolve your issues, if not here it is.  Found in my searches one member from another site solved the problem with an "127.0.0.1 localhost" entry in my in my /etc/hosts file.

If the above is not correct or does not help you, I am sorry to have bothered you and I will continue to search the web for a solution to help both of you.