Author Topic: VPS/Ad Pop-up question  (Read 2248 times)

DBenjamin85

VPS/Ad Pop-up question
« on: December 01, 2013, 12:48:17 PM »
Hi,

Is anyone noticing that the only pop-up that ever seems to occur for them is this "Black Friday" offer pop-up?  Whenever I've been present it seems to be the pop-up occurring and I've not seen a VPS pop-up in the last few days to my knowledge.

Just wondering if anyone else has been having this, also wanted to check what the current vps number is to make sure that it is up do date (when I manually update it tells me it's up to date - version 131201-0.

For all I know they could have happened when I was away from the machine but this Black Friday offer seems to the common one (had it when I logged on today as well).

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: VPS/Ad Pop-up question
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 12:51:42 PM »
There is a random glitch at the moment where some systems receive the wrong popup when the system updates.  Myself I get the right one but others get either VPN or facebook popups. 

version 131201-0 is the latest :)

ram1220

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 10:57:16 PM »
 I haven't seen this. But today I did receive several spam emails from Avast wanting me to "upgrade" to the paid 2014. It stinks that I now have to include the makers of my AV program in my email spam filter.

mikel123

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 03:17:38 AM »
I too am getting the  "Black Friday" offer pop-up......anybody have any idea of when we can expect the problem to be corrected???...\\

Offline Acco

• Where's my flask?!
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 06:52:28 AM »
Same here. I haven't received any definitions update popups in past several days, but regularly getting the Black Friday and another "promotional" popup (can't recall, at the moment). I was tempted to change the "Info Pop-up" time/duration setting to 1 second (it won't allow 0).
Whadayamean it's broke,,,   let me make sure!

XP-Pro SP3 - P4 3.2 Ghz - 2 GB ram - Avast Free Home 2015.10.2.2218 - Firefox 38.0.1 - Thunderbird 31.6.0 - Imap Gmail - SpywareBlaster 5 - SuperAntiSpyware - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium