Author Topic: Exception for Pocketmine server  (Read 1817 times)

Offline MLindeman

Exception for Pocketmine server
« on: January 06, 2014, 11:43:23 AM »
I have a Pocketmine server for Minecraft Pocket Edition running on Windows 7 Pro behind Avast.  Because it is a PHP server, I have not found a standard .exe file for it.  I opened a port in the Windows firewall as an inbound rule, but canyouseeme.org still cannot see the open port. I am guessing Avast is keeping the port from being accessible.  Would someone advise how to get that port visible so my grandkids can play Minecraft with me?  Thanks!

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Exception for Pocketmine server
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 12:15:14 PM »
What exact version of avast do you have?
Did it work before?
Do you have a router?

Offline MLindeman

Re: Exception for Pocketmine server
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 06:30:16 PM »
With Avast shields disabled, CanYouSeeMe.org - Open Port Check Tool returns "no route to host".  With Avast shields enabled, it always returns that the connection timed out. 

The laptop is behind a WOW cable modem and I opened the port as a virtual server, which is required on the Arris to port forward, while talking with WOW customer support.  There is no secondary router.  This is the first time I have installed the Pocketmine server on this machine, so that is no prior history.  It works fine across the wireless LAN.

Using Avast Internet Security 8.0.2011 with engine and virus last updated 5 minutes ago.