Author Topic: Twitch TV doesn't work while Avast Extension is enabled on Chrome  (Read 4440 times)

Kendawg

Hi, I've been using Avast anti-virus free edition for a little over half a year now. Its been great, I've had no problems up till about last month and I decided its time to turn to the forums for answers.

So basically my problem is I can't watch any Twitch TV live streams while the Google chrome avast extension is enabled. I've already tried disabling all my other extensions to see if that was the problem and it didn't seem to change. The live streams only seem to work while the Avast Extension is disabled.

Anyone know why this is?

FAQ: I have tried other browsers that have the plugin, including Firefox and Internet explorer, they work fine.

Thanks
-Ken

Kendawg

Re: Twitch TV doesn't work while Avast Extension is enabled on Chrome
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 04:54:03 AM »
Anyone have any Ideas?

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 05:07:33 AM »
Anyone have any Ideas?

From what you say I believe you are referring to Avast Online Security Plug in ( "Browser Protection" when installing options)
This has caused issues for many in all Browsers at one time or another.
It's being suggested to disable or uninstall Browser Protection by going to Programs/Features choose Avast and then chose Change to uncheck. ( Until this plugin performance is improved)
This action in no way decreases Security as the Web Shield in the Primary protection. :)

Kendawg

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 10:43:41 PM »
Ok thanks, I just was worried about what would happen if I didn't use the plugin, but as long as it doesn't matter, I have nothing to worry about. Thanks for the reply

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 07:26:44 PM »
You're welcome. :)