Author Topic: Can't reregister Avast  (Read 1199 times)

REDACTED

Can't reregister Avast
« on: September 03, 2014, 07:44:44 PM »
I have tried to reregister Avast Free Antivirus for at least a week.

I made a previous post and was provided several links to try.

I was sent a new license key.  However, when I tried to install it I received a pop up message saying that it was an invalid key number.

I responded to the email that sent the license key to me.  It was suggested that I try the phone support.

30 seconds into my conversation with the support representative we were cut off by a recorded message from Avast asking for feedback on phone support ?

Its bad enough that I can't run any free firewall on my computer since Avast 2014.  Yes I know conflicts can exist with past installations.  I've spent months trying to look in ever nook and corner of the registry and other places a "conflicting" piece of code might be. 

Now Avast can't even reregister Avast!

What the heck is going on?????

65trumbull

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Can't reregister Avast
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 08:22:51 PM »
Its bad enough that I can't run any free firewall on my computer since Avast 2014.
you already have a free firewall included in your OS (win firewall) and it is mostly problem free   ;)

attach a diagnostic log
scroll down to Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and follow instructions    https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0

REDACTED

Re: Can't reregister Avast
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 06:11:04 AM »
I've been trying for about a week too. I can tell from TCPeye that Avast persistently tried to connect to Singapore, to Czech Republic, to the US, for some time then it stops and nothing happens.

Also read posts on this, and tried the suggested solutions. Got a new license key but, just as OP's experience, I got a pop up message saying "invalid key number".

What's up?