Author Topic: suspicious warning while browsing yahoo  (Read 1318 times)

Offline BTIsaac

suspicious warning while browsing yahoo
« on: September 13, 2014, 09:32:53 PM »
This might just be paranoia, but every time I'm used to laugh at whatever paranoid delusions I come up with, something happens that convinces me that I wasn't paranoid enough.

I'm browsing yahoo today (on mobile), and when I go to the latest news article on yahoo finances, a warning pops up, telling me that there's a problem with the security certificate of the site. I saw this happen a few times before on yahoo, so I just thought it was another false alarm, so I tapped continue. I started having second thoughts though, so i refreshed the site just to be sure, and tapped "view certificate". The probelatic domain however wasn't yahoo, but something called '*(dot)pro-market(dot)com' - obviously, this came from one of the site's adds. An internet search revealed that this is a known spam site and a known source for viruses. A virus search came up with nothing, but I'm worried.

After a hacker attack on this very forum, false anti-virus scams in in-app advertisements, and now malicious adds on yahoo, I'm beginning to seriously consider leaving the Internet for good.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
Re: suspicious warning while browsing yahoo
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 09:50:01 PM »
    I'm beginning to seriously consider leaving the Internet for good. 
Yepp pull the cable, bolt windows and doors ..... it is dangerous out there    ;D

Pro-market scan
https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/1561a6187142798d2025541c1c34f4f10f235cba8d21496134d18e02b8556539/analysis/1410637668/
http://www.urlvoid.com/scan/pro-market.com/

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: suspicious warning while browsing yahoo
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 01:54:34 PM »
Several websites are lately been showing malicious advertisements.
They are already taking action to block them.
Yahoo and Amazon are just two of the sites that are affected.