Author Topic: Avast 9 Full Scan; Scheduler Question on Minimized  (Read 4083 times)

REDACTED

Avast 9 Full Scan; Scheduler Question on Minimized
« on: October 09, 2014, 05:17:48 PM »
I just upgraded one of my home PCs from V8 to V9.
I have all the settings tweaked how I want except one thing I cannot find.
I do a daily scheduled 4am FULL scan of the PC while I'm asleep.
In V8 this ran minimized....but in V9 I know have the Avast Console expanded on the desktop when I see the PC in morning.
Is there a setting somewhere to have this run minimized and back to icon in system tray when done ?

REDACTED

Re: Avast 9 Full Scan; Scheduler Question on Minimized
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 09:49:30 PM »
This should be an easy one...anyone ?  :o

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 01:06:11 PM »
Keeps happening.........no way to run as minimized in scheduler ?
INI change perhaps ?

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 10:11:55 PM »
I did some experimenting since in V9 I am just used the canned FULL scan....in V8 I was using a CUSTOM one.
So, I generated a Custom scan in V9 and did a schedule run....it ran with no Avast desktop open after completed.
I'll let it run for more than one day and see if stays that way.

Of course............I'm talking to myself on this thread.  :-\
Oh Well.

Offline Staticguy

• Super Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 11:51:01 PM »
thekochs! I have no idea what you are talking about "no way to run as minimized in scheduler".

Did you try doing a repair, if you did and it didn't work. Do the following:

1) Uninstall Avast via add/remove. Follow the instructions.
2) Download the the avast uninstall utility and run it in normal mode. A dialog box will appear saying that do you want to run in safe mode. Click yes and it will run your computer in safe mode automatically. Follow the instructions.
3) Download the Avast Cleanup Tool by Rejzors via here https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=94a12102e5094675&id=94A12102E5094675%21952&authkey=!AHu_KR3cJN1jHt4 don't run it yet. Manually run your computer in safe mode by pressing f8. In safe mode run that tool.
4) Download and install a fresh new copy of avast. After it gets install it will do a quick startup scan and let that scan finish. After that do a manual reboot of your computer. After that register your copy of avast.

Hope that helps.
DELL Inspiron 15" 7000 Gaming, Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1237), Trend Micro Maximum Security 2021 (17.0.1333), Avast SecureLine VPN (5.12.5655), Windows Firewall, Unchecky 1.2

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 03:16:46 PM »
thekochs! I have no idea what you are talking about "no way to run as minimized in scheduler".

What I am saying is when you "schedule" a SCAN....meaning in any scan you set it to auto run for day/time it runs.
If you watch it run the small green dialogue box pops up at bottom of screen showing progress.
In prior versions when completed this box would close and nothing on your Windows desktop.
For V9...when is completes Avast "opens" and the Avast Desktop is there.
I want it to stay closed.
Ideally it should open if it finds something to Virus Chest or Asked Action....but if the SCAN was clean it needs to stay closed.
The install is a clean install.....trust me....been doing this awhile.
The operation/feature has changed........try it and let me know how yours works ?
Oddly the first run of the scheduled SCAN DOES STAY closed but thereafter is opens......very odd.

Hope that clarifies.

Offline Staticguy

• Super Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2014, 10:17:57 PM »
I am sorry! I still don't understand and that's why other users haven't replied to your question as of yet. My best advice is to submit a ticket via Avast support ticket from here https://support.avast.com/
DELL Inspiron 15" 7000 Gaming, Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1237), Trend Micro Maximum Security 2021 (17.0.1333), Avast SecureLine VPN (5.12.5655), Windows Firewall, Unchecky 1.2

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2014, 03:43:25 AM »
in V9 I know have the Avast Console expanded on the desktop when I see the PC in morning.
It's a bug in the current version.  Sometimes the console even displays THREAT DETECTED! when there is none.

It's looking like it will be fixed in version 2015.

-Noel

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2014, 07:01:15 AM »
in V9 I know have the Avast Console expanded on the desktop when I see the PC in morning.
It's a bug in the current version.  Sometimes the console even displays THREAT DETECTED! when there is none.

It's looking like it will be fixed in version 2015.

-Noel

Thx, feedback is most appreciated....this was driving me nuts.

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2014, 08:56:49 AM »
You're welcome.  There were a fair number of of posts about it back when it first started happening.

-Noel