Author Topic: Avast Unfriendly WinXP Updates...?  (Read 2575 times)

Shaman

Avast Unfriendly WinXP Updates...?
« on: August 17, 2005, 05:05:17 AM »
I wonder if other people have been experiencing problems with Avast, following the latest MS security updates?

Avast had been working like a charm, until a few days ago when I installed the newest clutch of Microsoft Windows XP security updates. Everything was slow, there was an ashWebSv.exe error and other problems that were either directly related to Avast or could possibly be related (like problems with Outlook Express). I backed out of the patches and everything was peachy again. Patch back, problems again. Another PC that doesn't have Avast running seemed devoid of these problems.

I'm not saying that it is necessarily an Avast problems, but I can't help wondering. So, if you recently had some problems with Avast and curiously they started just after your WinXP update, could you please put your hand up. Maybe there is a pattern here.

Shaman

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Avast Unfriendly WinXP Updates...?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 05:11:18 AM »
No problems at all here on 8 systems. (all XP Pro)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 01:50:43 PM »
No troubles here (3 XP systems).
Maybe you can find more info into the logs, windows events or even dump files...
Did your system crash at any time?
The best things in life are free.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 04:27:49 PM »
No problems here, if you can be more detailed about the errors and other problems that you say you experienced (exact error messages, etc.).
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security