Author Topic: reformatting windows  (Read 1955 times)

REDACTED

reformatting windows
« on: November 11, 2014, 12:09:49 AM »
Hello, could someone either tell me or point me to the best way of getting avast back online after reformatting windows ?
Another question, on my account page, to the right of my licenses exp.date it has
use license, what is this for ?
Thank You

REDACTED

Re: reformatting windows
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 12:15:37 AM »
What do you mean get you back online?  Just install avast...

If you have a license to use for a paid version

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 05:07:11 AM »
I am asking because I am not sure how to do it !

Offline Staticguy

• Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 11:27:41 AM »
Normally when you want to reformat windows you have to press the esc button quickly after you turn on your computer and to system restore your computer normally it's to press the F11 (different computer brand has different button) i think.... Contact customer support for your computer they will know!

After you do that. First install every updates and patches from microsoft update and after that uninstall your pre-installed antivirus you have such as norton,mcafee, or etc. from add/remove. After that run it's uninstaller utility/removal tool via safe mode f8 and after that download and install a fresh copy of your avast via avast.com. After installation it will run a quick scan and when the quick scan is completed reboot your computer manually and after reboot register your copy of avast.
DELL Inspiron 15" 7000 Gaming, Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1237), Trend Micro Maximum Security 2021 (17.0.1333), Avast SecureLine VPN (5.12.5655), Windows Firewall, Unchecky 1.2

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 11:56:55 AM »
You just download the software from this site, save it to a cd or thumb drive and after you have reformatted windows, you double click on the file you downloaded.

If you don't have a cd or thumb drive you could come directly online and download from avast.com, but do so very quickly and then disconnect because you will be exposed to the internet without an AV which is not good.