Author Topic: client install not getting license  (Read 2930 times)

REDACTED

client install not getting license
« on: September 23, 2014, 09:40:14 PM »
Avast AEA.  I can install the package via the console, but the client does not see the license.  I have more than enough licenses.
I tried uninstalling and using avastclear in safe mode, but when I reinstall, no joy. 

REDACTED

Re: client install not getting license
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 05:37:57 PM »
the same is happening to us, and we getting no answer from avast

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 05:42:38 PM »
You will get a reply, just have patience.

If my mind is still kinda working, I think I read this could be a problem with the database.
Use the search option on this webboard and see if you can find something about it.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 05:19:21 AM »
Any update on this?  Not working here also!

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 11:35:20 PM »
This is why I'm firing Avast when my licenses expire, the Business Administration console is held together with Popsicle sticks and pipe cleaners. I have a domain where I can type dir \\MACHINENAME\C$ and get a listing of the root of the machine's C: drive. Yet Avast gives me a (The network path was not found [53]). I mean I'm LITERALLY STARING AT THE C DRIVE OF THE REMOTE COMPUTER with the SAME CREDENTIALS. The other thing is that half my clients don't get the license applied.

It's just a hunk of junk, and I'm tired of messing with it. I'm gonna try Avira next. The demo deployment I tried looked very smooth and polished.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2014, 11:58:49 PM »
it18 and streamlan,
have you people read the thread(s) where is explained that it could have to do with the database and how to solve it?

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 08:07:22 PM »
I would hope that someone from Avast would come by and help by pointing out a few tips on fixing it. I mean I bought 30 or so seats. To add insult to injury another install of Avast is trying to upsell the users into upgrading. I'm sorry I'm done with this corny product.