Author Topic: Eliminate automatic license renewal  (Read 1293 times)

REDACTED

Eliminate automatic license renewal
« on: November 17, 2014, 05:49:46 PM »
Avast's is such a good product but with the questionable commercial practice of automatically license renewing. I understand that at one hand it could be seen as a means to assure continued protection in case the client forget to renew it at expiration, strangely, despite all alerts he will receive starting a month before. But just as the client can't forget to provide the means to pay for the license renewal, why would he/she forget to order the license renewal?

Furthermore, if for some reason the client must stop using Avast he/she will have to go through an additional process to get out of the commercial relationship with Avast, potentially more time consuming than just renew when so desired.

As for me, I am not going to purchase an Avast license while this practice keeps in force.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: Eliminate automatic license renewal
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 07:14:31 PM »
Whenever you purchase any one year license always make sure it is a non-recurring purchase.
avast has it ticked by default, it's up to the user to be more cautious before clicking "buy".
I have a AIS license but I have unticked that box so I don't get surprised with something
I don't want to happen.

In the end the responsibility lies "between the keyboard and the chair".
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.