Author Topic: Can not login on Avast account used for Anti-Theft on win 8.1  (Read 2293 times)

REDACTED

Can not login on Avast account used for Anti-Theft on win 8.1
« on: September 26, 2014, 12:15:55 AM »
Hello,
I can no longer login to my account for Avast Anti-Theft (= my.avast.com portal does not workon my Windows 8.1 computer (everything fully updated for this OS), web browser is IE 11 and also fully updated. It has previously worked fine all the time but now it does not work anymore. I do not get any error messages, only a white screen with a small symbol showing that the web page is loading and loading…. (If I, for example test and use a wrong login-password I get an error message for this which should mean that there is no problem with my account since I do not get this error message when I use the correct password, I only get this white screen loading…).
I believe that this problem has occurred after introduction of the new Avast web interface. NOTE: I can still login to my account on other computers running Windows 7 and even login on Android 4.4.4 tablets (web browser is Chrome for the tablets).

I have the same problem trying to login to my.avast.com portal (maybe this portal is the same portal used as when logging into Avast AntiTheft?). NOTE: After trying to login to my Avast AntiTheft and when this "White screen" is showing and trying to load I can open a new tab in IE 11 and then I am logged into this Forum!! (and I did not forget to logout from this Forum)!! So the login works in some way but the web page for the AntiTheft portal does not load.

What is wrong and how do I fix this so I can login again on my Windows 8.1-computer? I tried compatibility mode but it did not help.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 12:38:32 AM by cybermaster4ever »

REDACTED

Re: Can not login on Avast account used for Anti-Theft on win 8.1
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 01:46:47 AM »
Does anyone have an idea for solution? I have still this problem. Works fine on win 7 but not on win 8.1. Have tried with deleting browser history fully and also compatibility mode for the avast web page. But still not working.

REDACTED

Re: Can not login on Avast account used for Anti-Theft on win 8.1
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 03:48:03 PM »
I have two accounts of avast but one account was in use for anti theft for some days and then I shifted to another account the old account who has less database of location logs open quickly but account has location log of more than month does not open as quickly as old account pl guide how to clear location log of previous month