Author Topic: Avast EP (SOA) - Problems to update some Clients to newest Virus-Definitions  (Read 1972 times)

REDACTED

Hello, i'm from Germany and i have some Problems with Avast Endpoint Protection (not Plus, not Suite).
Just i updated Avast Small Office Administration to 1.3.3.42, Database: 1450 (should the newest).

In Network => Grid-View all Clients in our Business-NT are correctly listed, but some Clients uses old Definitions like 141026-1 or 140910-0. I think the newest Def-Update is 141026-1 (Timestamp: 2014-10-27, 1:27 PM)

In the Job-View i already have finished the Jobs successfully:
- Generate Reports
- Detect Computers
- Serverdefinitions-Update
- Save System-State
- Short Test all Clients

But some Clients still displayed in Grid-View, that they are using older Definitions.

What can i do to update all Clients on newest Programupdates and Definition-Updates ?

Greetings

REDACTED

Hi!

Same here (Location Austria) - since about 3 to 4 weeks we have problems to keep AVAST agents on the clients up to date.
I have narrowed down the problem - the local mirror is out of date because mirror.exe hangs up because of failing to download some requested update files
(see administrative section -> mirror -> last update).

You can see the errors within the protocol in the "Jobs" section.

Resolution:
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=155783.msg1132738#msg1132738

This one worked - for about 4 days - then the updates fail again.
Currently i am killing mirror.exe within taskmanager and rerun mirror.exe from command shell again to keep the local mirror up to date - but this is
no solution for a long time period.

I an still investigating the problem further ...