Author Topic: Can't surf on the net when avast is enabled !!  (Read 4387 times)

kirt

Can't surf on the net when avast is enabled !!
« on: September 25, 2005, 09:42:57 AM »
i can't surf on the internet when avast is enabled. When I disable Avast I can surf, what do i have to customize in Avast options? Do i have to customize some
avast-services? When i disable the avast services i can surf without any problems.

(i don't have had this problem when i use the antivirus kaspersky, now i tried avast. I have removed kaspersky)

i use a dial-up connection

Avast works very well when i don't surf.

Who can help me? why internet doesn't work when i use avast? When i start internet he tries to look very long (he said "website found, A moment", but after 1 minute he says: cannot display the page", i've tried all famous websites (altavista, ...)

Greetings
Kurt

« Last Edit: September 25, 2005, 02:40:10 PM by kirt »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Can't surf on the net when avast is enabled
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005, 11:36:14 AM »
Make sure you have allowed the Avast components in your firewall.

kirt

Re: Can't surf on the net when avast is enabled
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2005, 02:39:36 PM »
i don't think my firewall is the problem, because at the moment i haven't a firewall and i've set the windows firewall to disabled.
When i disable the Avast-service "Webshild" my internet doesn't work. when i enable all the other Avast services then my internet works very fine. So the service webshild is the problem.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Can't surf on the net when avast is enabled !!
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2005, 03:09:03 PM »
How can it be the problem when you state, when you disable Web Shield your internet doesn't work, surely it would be the reverse, when it is on it doesn't work?

When you say you have disabled the Avast WEB Shield Service, are you talking 'Windows Service?' see image. If so that could be the problem as the web shield 'provider' if running your browser would need the windows service otherwise it can't work.

If you can restore what settings/services you have disabled then try a repair of avast. Add Remove programs, avast! Anti-Virus, Change/Remove button and scroll down to Repair, click next and follow. You need to be on-line to do this.
If that doesn't work try, uninstall, reboot, install, reboot.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.5.6116 (build 24.5.9153.762) UI 1.0.808/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2005, 03:03:39 AM »
Do you use any annonimyzer application?
Are you behind a proxy or use any other proxy application?
The best things in life are free.

kirt

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2005, 11:38:03 PM »
how can i see i'm behind a proxy or using a proxy program
sorry i'm a beginner with networks (but i know very well windows and other stuff like that)

so were can i see i'm behind a proxy or using a proxy program and what do i have to fill in ?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Proxy
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2005, 11:50:48 PM »
how can i see i'm behind a proxy or using a proxy program
If you don't know, probably you're not using a proxy.
Can you connect to the Internet?
So, stablish a connection, open Internet Explorer > Tools > Options > Connections > LAN > check if you're using a proxy.
If so, which is the protocol and port that the proxy connects (click on Advanced button).
The best things in life are free.