Author Topic: Avast! Feedback!  (Read 6917 times)

Offline Be Secure

• Long Time Avast User(10years.....) Security Enthusiast.
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Avast! Feedback!
« on: May 12, 2015, 02:49:57 PM »
Pls add feedback option to avast! it is more easier option to submit the virus&more.One more thing Gmail or any e-mail service not leting submit virus in .zip,.rar,.7zip formats.And make more faster virus add system for submitted samples for speedy process.I have virus submit to avast! on 10/05/2015 and not blocked till now via virus chest. :(
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 02:59:56 PM by Be Secure »
PC- Windows10 EDU 64Bit,avast! free 21.1.2449,uBlock Origin,NVT_OSA,GoogleChrome(64bit),CCleaner,Unchecky,ZAM Free,Shadow Defender.
Security Enthusiast

Offline Staticguy

• Super Poster
Re: Avast! Feedback!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 03:03:43 PM »
Pls add feedback option to avast! it is more easier option to submit the virus&more.One more thing Gmail or any e-mail service not leting submit virus in .zip,.rar,.7zip formats.And make more faster virus add system for submitted samples.I have virus submit to avast! on 10/05/2015 and not blocked till now via virus chest. :(

I see no point adding a feedback option to avast! I believe asking feedback from avast forum or from avast support is the best option. Few times before, I have submitted false positive files via my yahoo account by using zip file with password to virus at avast dot com and it was send successfully! You can easily submit virus samples directly to avast via their email address or via avast support. Virus chest should be able to send samples you believe is false positive directly via avast gui to avast virus analyst. What do you mean not blocked till now via virus chest? Are you using the latest version of avast? Did you try doing repair of avast from add/remove?
DELL Inspiron 15" 7000 Gaming, Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1237), Trend Micro Maximum Security 2021 (17.0.1333), Avast SecureLine VPN (5.12.5655), Windows Firewall, Unchecky 1.2

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 03:24:35 PM »
Pls add feedback option to avast! it is more easier option to submit the virus&more.One more thing Gmail or any e-mail service not leting submit virus in .zip,.rar,.7zip formats.And make more faster virus add system for submitted samples for speedy process.I have virus submit to avast! on 10/05/2015 and not blocked till now via virus chest. :(

Feedback won't help with submission of samples, as that wouldn't be passing any files and that is what needs to be analysed.

You should be able to submit samples directly to avast using the on-line contact form, http://www.avast.com/contact-form.php?loadStyles. Now that allows for the upload of a file for analysis, what I don't know if this would allow for the upload of multiple samples in a zip file, you can certainly give it a try.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.5.6116 (build 24.5.9153.762) UI 1.0.808/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Be Secure

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 04:11:25 PM »

Feedback won't help with submission of samples, as that wouldn't be passing any files and that is what needs to be analysed.

You should be able to submit samples directly to avast using the on-line contact form, http://www.avast.com/contact-form.php?loadStyles. Now that allows for the upload of a file for analysis, what I don't know if this would allow for the upload of multiple samples in a zip file, you can certainly give it a try.
Thanks @DavidR.But not allow to submit any file.
PC- Windows10 EDU 64Bit,avast! free 21.1.2449,uBlock Origin,NVT_OSA,GoogleChrome(64bit),CCleaner,Unchecky,ZAM Free,Shadow Defender.
Security Enthusiast

Offline Be Secure

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 04:14:37 PM »
Pls add feedback option to avast! it is more easier option to submit the virus&more.One more thing Gmail or any e-mail service not leting submit virus in .zip,.rar,.7zip formats.And make more faster virus add system for submitted samples.I have virus submit to avast! on 10/05/2015 and not blocked till now via virus chest. :(

I see no point adding a feedback option to avast! I believe asking feedback from avast forum or from avast support is the best option. Few times before, I have submitted false positive files via my yahoo account by using zip file with password to virus at avast dot com and it was send successfully! You can easily submit virus samples directly to avast via their email address or via avast support. Virus chest should be able to send samples you believe is false positive directly via avast gui to avast virus analyst. What do you mean not blocked till now via virus chest? Are you using the latest version of avast? Did you try doing repair of avast from add/remove?
I have two PUP Sample and till not blocked from 10.05.2015 i send this via virus chest and i am using  latest version of avast 2015.Yes.@Staticguy
Security Enthusiast

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 04:16:39 PM »
@Be Secure

This should work https://support.avast.com/

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

Offline Be Secure

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 04:21:09 PM »
@Be Secure

Greetz, Red.
Thanks Red.In earlier time i post my virus to this and now they told me to e-mail to virus@avast!.com for direct response.
Security Enthusiast

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 04:26:53 PM »
Ok,

But maybe you forgot to password protect the zip files ? Otherwise email services will indeed block them ;)

Greetz, Red.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2015, 04:27:25 PM »
@Be Secure

Greetz, Red.

Thanks Red, looks like they have change the layout of that contact method.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.5.6116 (build 24.5.9153.762) UI 1.0.808/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2015, 04:30:24 PM »
Yeah, it was always possible to submit samples with the old form too, but they have changed it.
It would be better if they delete that form now.

Greetz, Red.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2015, 04:46:20 PM »
One more thing Gmail or any e-mail service not leting submit virus in .zip,.rar,.7zip formats
Not a problem .... i send samples almost evry day, using 7zip and Gmail

you have to password protect the zip before you send it
use password: infected or virus as these are the default passwords among the virus vendors, many auto analysis systems are able to auto extract the files if you use default passwords
also if you forgot to write the password in the mail, it does not matter if you used defaults

« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 05:53:50 PM by Pondus »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2015, 06:17:50 AM »
Yeah, it was always possible to submit samples with the old form too, but they have changed it.
It would be better if they delete that form now.

Greetz, Red.
This form should work: https://www.avast.com/contact-us.php?subject=VIRUS-FILE
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0