Author Topic: Web Shield notification for HTML:HideMe-F [Trj] while NOT surfing  (Read 1926 times)

REDACTED

I received Infection blocked! notifications twice in the last 24 hours, both URLs from the same domain (shmula.com). The latest notification was:

Infection blocked!
Avast Web shield has blocked a threat.
Infection: HTML:HideMe-F [Trj]
URL: http://www.shmula.com/lost-in-translation-in-large-teams/470/
File: {gzip}
Process: /System/Library/StagedFrameworks/Safari/WebKit.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/com.apple.WebKit.Networking.xpc/Contents/MacOS/com.apple.WebKit.Networking

Both notifications were while the system was not actively being used.

This is on a fresh install of Yosemite on a brand new hard drive (13" MacBook Pro Mid 2009). The only non-Apple software installed is Avast Mac Security, Firefox, Google Chrome, and Microsoft Office 2011. I'm using Apple Mail for my email. Full System Scan doesn't find anything.

I checked the shmula.com domain on one of the scanning sites, and do see warnings. Safari was open on my computer, though the only site I had open was the admin page for my Western Digital MyBook Live on my local network.

If the notification was triggered by an incoming email, I'd think the notification would be for Email Shield?

What else could cause this notification if I wasn't actively browsing?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 09:26:05 PM by homli »

REDACTED

Re: Web Shield notification for HTML:HideMe-F [Trj] while NOT surfing
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 11:17:24 PM »
I have iCloud enabled for Safari on my Mac and iPhone.

I wonder if syncing bookmarks, history, etc. between my devices may have triggered the notification, since I think Safari stores some of this for offline viewing??