Author Topic: License Key Invalid / Expired?  (Read 4607 times)

Minnesota-Jim

License Key Invalid / Expired?
« on: November 16, 2003, 06:08:28 PM »
I just downloated Win. 98 version of Avast 4 Home Edition. I got my license key e-mailed to me and put it into the program.
When I try to upgrade the virus database... It conects to the surver, downloads a few seconds and then tells me " License Key for this Product is Invalid or Expired "
Any thoughts? :'(

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Re:License Key Invalid / Expired?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2003, 06:48:23 PM »
right click on the AVAST tray icon and click start avast
when the splash screen comes up click reg. and re enter the code to see if you made any mistakes
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:License Key Invalid / Expired?
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2003, 09:30:28 PM »
I just downloated Win. 98 version of Avast 4 Home Edition. I got my license key e-mailed to me and put it into the program.
When I try to upgrade the virus database... It conects to the surver, downloads a few seconds and then tells me " License Key for this Product is Invalid or Expired "
Any thoughts? :'(

If you just download the avast and receive the email, I suggest you copy & paste the licence key number from the email to the Registry window like MacLover said  ;)

If you still have problems, I suggest you register again to receive a new licence key.
The best things in life are free.