Author Topic: "avast web shield has blocked a harmful web page or file." keeps popping up  (Read 3257 times)

REDACTED

I have followed the directions in "Logs to assist in cleaning malware" (topic 151766) and continue to get popups for objects such as tpsearch.me, search-world.biz, nemo-finder.me... Any help to make this stop happening would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

Offline dbrisendine

• Malware Fighter
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Hang on; going over your logs and will assist you shortly.
Win7 x32 Ult. SP1, Brain 2.0 / Win10 x64, Brain2.5
My help is always free but if you would like to help encourage me or show your thanks -----> DONATE

Offline dbrisendine

• Malware Fighter
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
First, move FRST64.exe from the Downloads folder to your desktop.
To do this, open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Users\fbo\Downloads and right click on FRST64.exe.  Select CUT from the menu.
Go to your desktop and right click on a blank spot on it.  Select PASTE from the menu.  FRST64.exe should now be on your desktop.

Second. download the attached Fixlist.txt file and save it to the desktop (where FRST64.exe is).

NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST64 and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system

Run FRST64 by right clicking on the FRST64.exe file, selecting "Run as Administrator..".  The User Account Control may open up; if it does, select Yes to continue to let FRST open and load. 

The tool will check for an updated version of itself every time it loads; please allow it to do this and the program will either inform you it is downloading an updated copy (and to wait until it is safe to continue) or show that it is ready to use (meaning there is no update found) and you can continue on.  Press the Fix button just once and wait.  The tool will create a restore point, process the script and ask for a restart of your system.

Note:  Just click the Fix button; the other settings do not matter on a script run process.

If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.

When finished FRST will generate a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please post the log in your next reply.

Third
AdwCleaner by Xplode

Download AdwCleaner from here or from here. Save the file to the desktop.

NOTE: If you are using IE 8 or above you may get a warning that stops the program from downloading. Just click on the warning and allow the download to complete.

Close all open windows and browsers.
  • Vista/7/8 users: Right click the AdwCleaner icon on the desktop, click Run as administrator and accept the UAC prompt to run AdwCleaner.
    You will see the following console:

• Click the Scan button and wait for the scan to finish.
  • After the Scan has finished the window may or may not show what it found and above, in the progress bar, you will see: Waiting for action. Please uncheck elements you don't want to remove.
  • Click the Clean button.
  • Everything checked will be deleted.
  • When the program has finished cleaning a report appears.
  • Once done it will ask to reboot, allow this

• On reboot a log will be produced please copy / paste that in your next reply. This report is also saved to C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S0].txt
My help is always free but if you would like to help encourage me or show your thanks -----> DONATE

REDACTED

AdwCleaner v4.207 - Logfile created 02/07/2015 at 12:08:10
# Updated 21/06/2015 by Xplode
# Database : 2015-07-02.1 [Server]
# Operating system : Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 (x64)
# Username : fbo - FBO-PC
# Running from : C:\Users\fbo\Desktop\adwcleaner_4.207.exe
# Option : Cleaning

***** [ Services ] *****

***** [ Files / Folders ] *****

File Deleted : C:\END

***** [ Scheduled tasks ] *****

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\protector_dll.protectorbho
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\protector_dll.protectorbho.1
Key Deleted : [x64] HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{95B7759C-8C7F-4BF1-B163-73684A933233}
Key Deleted : [x64] HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{AFDBDDAA-5D3F-42EE-B79C-185A7020515B}

***** [ Web browsers ] *****

-\\ Internet Explorer v11.0.9600.17840

-\\ Google Chrome v43.0.2357.130

AdwCleaner[R0].txt - [1120 bytes] - [02/07/2015 12:05:02]
AdwCleaner[S0].txt - [1048 bytes] - [02/07/2015 12:08:10]

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S0].txt - [1107  bytes] ##########

REDACTED

Thank you!  So far so good...

Offline dbrisendine

• Malware Fighter
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Can you post/attach the Fixlog.txt file?  This was the result of the fixlist.txt run and I need to verify the working of FRST.  Thanks.

REDACTED

Still working great!  Please find Fixlog.txt attached.  Thanks for your help, especially so quickly.

Offline dbrisendine

• Malware Fighter
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Cool!!  :)   Let's get the tools removed and you on your way!

Clean up of Malware Removal Tools
Now that we are through using these tools, let's clean them off your system so that should you ever need to have malware removed again (we hope not) fresh, updated copies will be downloaded.

• Download Delfix from here to your desktop and double click it to start the program
  • Ensure Remove disinfection tools is ticked
    Also tick:
  • Activate UAC
  • Create registry backup
  • Purge system restore
  • Reset system settings

• Click Run
  • The program will run for a few moments and then notepad will open with a log. Please paste the log in your next reply.

You can delete any log files left on your desktop as these are no longer needed.

Come back if you need anything!