Author Topic: on line help  (Read 1620 times)

REDACTED

on line help
« on: July 13, 2015, 03:26:45 AM »
I called for I line help and got a technician he went on line into my system because I could not update avast he looked and said it was a conflict with windows defender and tried to sell me programmer  time for over 100 dollars when I said that I can't afford and I will try and remove it my self at that point he got very rude with me and hung up on me. so I did remove window defender and found that I was reading the message wrong it said I was up to date, but now my safe zone won't work and shows can't read or write to C:\sfzone profile.I am afraid to call back to ask about that problem. is this how your company makes money by selling programming help? I have been using avast for 5 years and I am beginning to wonder? I also had a problem when I tried one of your free up grades and after the use time it said I only had the free verge I did call on that one and talk to a person that also said that I needed to bay program time. I downloaded my license and reinstalled it and every thing work right. now I am wondering if if this is SOP for your company would love to hear back on this. the agent ID is 6246. thank you rethinking avast  ~ robertfrost
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 05:53:35 AM by robertfrost70 »

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: on line help
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 05:33:22 AM »
Hi Robert, the people you contacted are a third party support group " not Avast " free help can be found right here on this forum.

Defender cannot be removed as it's part of windows ( unless you are using Windows XP in which case Defender can be removed ),as for the safe zone issue please be patient and someone who uses this feature should be along before to long to possibly answer your questions.

"Note" please remove you email address otherwise it'll be harvested by the spammers :o

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: on line help
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 06:51:04 AM »
I called for I line help and got a technician he went on line into my system because I could not update avast he looked and said it was a conflict with windows defender and tried to sell me programmer  time for over 100 dollars when I said that I can't afford and I will try and remove it my self at that point he got very rude with me and hung up on me. so I did remove window defender and found that I was reading the message wrong it said I was up to date, but now my safe zone won't work and shows can't read or write to C:\sfzone profile.I am afraid to call back to ask about that problem. is this how your company makes money by selling programming help? I have been using avast for 5 years and I am beginning to wonder? I also had a problem when I tried one of your free up grades and after the use time it said I only had the free verge I did call on that one and talk to a person that also said that I needed to bay program time. I downloaded my license and reinstalled it and every thing work right. now I am wondering if if this is SOP for your company would love to hear back on this. the agent ID is 6246. thank you rethinking avast  ~ robertfrost
Report your experience to Vojta Nekvapil: nekvapil[at]avast.com (3rd Party Support Manager)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0