Author Topic: Trovi malware  (Read 2650 times)

Offline anarkii

Trovi malware
« on: August 20, 2015, 04:36:36 AM »
I have the trovi malware virus and have followed this guide to remove it.

http://malwarefixes.com/threats/pup-optional-trovi/

I get to that last stage where I need to run the browser checkup, and it runs and says my browser is running fine. But when I click logs, I get this (the offending part is in IE in the attached log)

So my question is, how do I remove it to completely wipe my system of this malware without doing a complete system refresh?

Cheers

Offline dbrisendine

• Malware Fighter
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: Trovi malware
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 05:55:23 AM »
The log is a accumulative log; meaning each new scan will either create a new log or just append to the end of the existing log.  As of this date / time (20.08.2015 12:10:40) the log shows that trovi has been removed from IE and is no longer in your browsers.
Win7 x32 Ult. SP1, Brain 2.0 / Win10 x64, Brain2.5
My help is always free but if you would like to help encourage me or show your thanks -----> DONATE

Offline anarkii

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 06:31:34 AM »
Thats weird because there are still random moments when a new adware page loads up. :/ Im at a loss as to why as malware bytes hasnt picked up anything nor has a full scan from avast either.

Offline anarkii

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 06:51:02 AM »

This is one of the many pages and pop-ups I get everytime I click a link or try to open a new tab in Chrome. Maybe its not trovi but something else? I have no way to tell :(

[UPDATE: I have appeared to fix whatever was causing those popups by reinstalling Google Chrome.]
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 07:42:25 AM by anarkii »

Offline mikaelrask

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2015, 08:29:05 AM »
hey anarkii if you want a check up of your computer please foolow this guide and attach the logs from frst+addation and malwarebytes.

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0

good luck  :)
Windows 8.1 amd a10-5700 64 bit
12 GB ram 1 tb hard drive. Avast 18, MBAM

Offline dbrisendine

• Malware Fighter
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2015, 09:07:18 AM »
As mikraelrask stated, to get a better look into the system, I would need the FRST , Malwarebytes and aswMBR logs.  Once we have those, we can see what else needs to be fixed / cleared.  Please attach all four logs.  Thanks.
Win7 x32 Ult. SP1, Brain 2.0 / Win10 x64, Brain2.5
My help is always free but if you would like to help encourage me or show your thanks -----> DONATE