Author Topic: Is this picture site safe?  (Read 1103 times)

REDACTED

Is this picture site safe?
« on: November 11, 2015, 04:49:33 PM »
I was Googling pictures of old finnish television show and when searching trough some "more like this"- results I got an image from domain "moviepictures.org", though before it I placed my cursor on the picture and the preview link showed "yle.fi", which is offical finnish television channel website. I checked the domain in few familiar online services, but none of them had any alerts, exept Google Safesearch reports some redirects.

https://sitecheck.sucuri.net/results/moviespictures.org

Also, when I checked for "-www.moviepictures.org", I got redirected to website under domain h-tp://dp.g.doubleclick.net/apps/domainpark/domainpark.cgi?client=ca-dp-oversee09_xml&domain_name=moviepictures.org&channel=100345%2Ctest49&drid=as-drid-oo-1369532778208827&output=html and it seemed to be typical commercial site. My Noscript only showed "doubleclick.net" on it's domain list. I included screenshot of the webpage here.

https://sitecheck.sucuri.net/results/www.moviepictures.org

EDIT: I noticed that another blocked nomain shows up in Noscript for a half of a second at doubleclick.net domain. However, it doesn't leave any mark in Noscript's recently blocked domains list...
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 05:02:11 PM by Pernaman »

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
Re: Is this picture site safe?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 06:31:54 PM »
The website domain is now for sale, and you can buy it for $ 799.
More than likely it is now being used to earn via ad-clicks.
Some external links blocked by ad-blockers, but nothing in the realm of malcode per se I see.

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!