Author Topic: Alert When Logging In To Netflix?  (Read 3013 times)

REDACTED

Alert When Logging In To Netflix?
« on: November 14, 2015, 07:20:20 PM »
I was looking for any help that can be provided with an issue I am having. The past 24 hours, every time I go to log into Netflix I get an alert that an infection has been blocked. I further cannot seem to get Netflix to work as far as playing videos. I tried contacting Netflix customer support but everything they suggested I had already tried. It also seems to only happen in Firefox (v. 42.0) but doesn't occur in Chrome. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this and how to fix it or if something is causing Netflix to be dangerous? The error message I got was a URL and the infection listed was "JS: Agent-CPA [Trj]" and the process came from Firefox

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
Re: Alert When Logging In To Netflix?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 08:48:19 PM »
may we see a screenshot of the popup warning

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 08:56:54 PM »
Multiple people have reported this.
It looks like a false positive.
https://blog.avast.com/tag/false-positive/

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 05:33:19 PM »
I am having the same problem as of Friday (11/13) evening. Screen shots attached of the pop ups. Help!

I was looking for any help that can be provided with an issue I am having. The past 24 hours, every time I go to log into Netflix I get an alert that an infection has been blocked. I further cannot seem to get Netflix to work as far as playing videos. I tried contacting Netflix customer support but everything they suggested I had already tried. It also seems to only happen in Firefox (v. 42.0) but doesn't occur in Chrome. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this and how to fix it or if something is causing Netflix to be dangerous? The error message I got was a URL and the infection listed was "JS: Agent-CPA [Trj]" and the process came from Firefox

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2015, 10:53:07 AM »
I've been having the same problem as of 11/15. Running Firefox on two separate computers, and trying to run Netflix results in Netflix being blocked. This has never happened before.

I was able to get around this problem (temporarily) by disabling avast shields via shield control and then restarting the browser.