Author Topic: W2K and avast4.xHome  (Read 2453 times)

palmar

W2K and avast4.xHome
« on: December 24, 2005, 12:04:58 AM »
Sorry my poor "english", i speak finnish better.
I use W2000 & SP2 (SP 3 and 4 broken some program me).  My family use same computer and here is 3 users and administrator.
I set registration code administration rights, its ok.
Log in normal user right, Avast seeing message about: Registration code not set (message is finnish).  User rights is impossible set registration code.  I chance user administration group and set reg. code, its work ok.  Chance user back user group--> same message: (Registrat......)  Avast work ok. via "run as" /administrator, but must start evry log in time.

Register hack, but where?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: W2K and avast4.xHome
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2005, 12:49:50 AM »
Sorry my poor "english"
We can understand each other... no trouble  8)

My family use same computer and here is 3 users and administrator.
Are the 3 users with Administrator rights? Or, on contrary, 3 common users and just one Administrator?

I chance user administration group and set reg. code, its work ok.  Chance user back user group--> same message: (Registrat......)  Avast work ok. via "run as" /administrator, but must start evry log in time.
avast is not designed to be submitted to a downgrade user rights, I mean, if you are an Administrator and then you're transformed into a common user.

In fact, I suggest you have only one Administrator account and let the others as common users. Can you do that?
The best things in life are free.

palmar

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2005, 12:25:08 PM »
My family use same computer and here is 3 users and administrator.

Are the 3 users with Administrator rights? Or, on contrary, 3 common users and just one Administrator?

One administrator,  2 common user (kids) and one power user (I, litle more rights).  Administrator account used only installation and update
e.t.c. 
Testing move common user to administrator group.  Avast work fine, but not gud idea security side.  ;-(

I chance user administration group and set reg. code, its work ok.  Chance user back user group--> same message: (Registrat......)  Avast work ok. via "run as" /administrator, but must start evry log in time.
avast is not designed to be submitted to a downgrade user rights, I mean, if you are an Administrator and then you're transformed into a common user.

In fact, I suggest you have only one Administrator account and let the others as common users. Can you do that?

Yes, like this I start after installation, but not work.
Version is 4.6/home.

Maybe one point more moving SuSE user?  Its very lot new teaching, but something different OS.

Merry Cristmas and Happy New  Year all reader!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2005, 12:27:53 PM by palmar »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2005, 05:20:30 PM »
Testing move common user to administrator group.  Avast work fine, but not gud idea security side.  ;-(
It's not only avast which won't like these 'movings'... Upgrading and downgrading the user rights mess Windows installations (folder user rights).

Maybe one point more moving SuSE user?  Its very lot new teaching, but something different OS.
What do you mean? Use Linux (SuSE)?
avast for Linux is another program and it's not related to Windows problems you're experiencing  ::)
The best things in life are free.