Author Topic: New to Avast and Registration Puzzlement  (Read 3399 times)

carolineb

New to Avast and Registration Puzzlement
« on: December 27, 2005, 04:05:35 AM »
Hello to All . . .
I downloaded yesterday the Avast Home/Professional program but did not receive any registration key.  There was no time during the download process that I recall being asked for my email address. . .  I believe the program downloaded and is working. . . I did a virus scan yesterday after installing it. 
This may seem idiotic, but how do I get the registration key without having to uninstall and reinstall Avast?  Even more disturbing to me, did I receive the key at some point and was not aware of it?  At what point in the dowload was I asked for information?
Thank you in advance for your response.
Kind regards,
CarolineB ??? ???

MFB

Re: New to Avast and Registration Puzzlement
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2005, 05:12:26 AM »
Hi there,to get your registration key, go here.  Once you insert the Key in avast! you'll get 14 months, after the Key has expired, come back to this link to obtain another key for free (for Home Edition).

To insert the Key into avast! You right click the icon (spinning "a" ball) on your taskbar>click on "About avast!...">click "License key..." >and insert the key once you get it in your email.  (The old copy and paste)   :)

timcan

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2005, 11:36:34 AM »
Welcome carolineb to the forums,if you downloaded the pro version it works as a 60 day trial and you only get a registration key when you pay for the program.
Hello to All . . .
I downloaded yesterday the Avast Home/Professional program but did not receive any registration key

carolineb

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2005, 02:54:30 PM »
Thank you Turkey and Timcan . . . I did download the home/professional version so I guess I wait to get my registration key once I pay for the program. :)

Offline Dwarden

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Ideas, that's ocean without borders!
    • Bohemia Interactive
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2005, 05:24:37 PM »
Thank you Turkey and Timcan . . . I did download the home/professional version so I guess I wait to get my registration key once I pay for the program. :)

If You downloaded the Avast! Pro package You can enjoy 60 days free trial ...
after this time (or sooner if You wish) You can either buy Pro version inserting received Avast! Pro licence key
or You can register Home version for free inserting received Avast! Home key ...

https://twitter.com/FoltynD , Tech. Community, Online Services & Distribution manager of Bohemia Interactive