Author Topic: Blue Screen, of Death!  (Read 2197 times)

Luke6006

Blue Screen, of Death!
« on: December 27, 2005, 10:20:51 PM »
I recentely set up a router; I also use avast 4 home edition on both computers. However I've been having the Blue Screen of Death upon me at least 5 times, since the 25th of December. I think this is because of the wireless USB network connection. The screen has only been happening onto the one with the USB device plugged in. What's happened is the connection has either, been lost or the usb device has been lost. Then, when I manually plug the USB device back in or try to re-gain the connection the blue screen of death appeared. It has happened before though; actually, it happened just before I had set up the router. Not as often though, I don't know, after thinking about it all, I don't believe it to be the USB wireless connection causing this. However it's coincidence that it's happening more frequently. The things I've recentely changed is: Windows Update - I did this yesterday though. (boxing day.)  I had not realised that last time I had done a virus scan was back in September. I'm running a scan now, it's not finished yet though. I ran a spyware scan a few days back; ad-aware and spybot search and destory. It seemed fine apart from a few cookies, you know, things that are on most. If you're needing any more information please post, I really want to have a solution to this problem as soon as is possible, I don't like the screen, or it's name. Thank you in advance, and I hope you can help me with my problem. EDIT: - I've just realised, yesterday, I enabled the Microsoft File and Printer sharing through Kerio Personal Firewall. Whether this is related or not, I'm unsure. (Free Edition.)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 10:24:45 PM by Luke` »

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re: Blue Screen, of Death!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2005, 10:47:22 PM »
You can send me the contents of your \windows\minidump folder for further analysis.
Send them to my email address...
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Luke6006

Re: Blue Screen, of Death!
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2005, 10:57:13 PM »
I've sent it. The e-mail address starts with Luke6006, just so you know. :)