Author Topic: Activity log from Avast Mobile Security  (Read 3475 times)

REDACTED

Activity log from Avast Mobile Security
« on: February 03, 2016, 03:09:46 PM »
Greetings,

since I recently updated Avast Mobile Security to version 5.0.14 I can no longer find a current activity log.  In earlier versions the log file was on the SD card at "Android/data/com.avast.android.mobilesecurity/files/log/avast-log.txt".  Where can I find it now?

Sincerely,
OlMan Silver

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Activity log from Avast Mobile Security
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 03:27:43 PM »
H,

Activility log is no included in AMS 5 at the moment, but will be back in the foreseeable future. We are still evaluating the offloading to the SD card so I can't promise you any file with it will still exist once the feature returns.

Filip

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 05:44:58 PM »
Filip,

thanks for the quick answer.

How will I see that it's back, if I don't even know where to look?  Is there a robust change log for Avast Mobile Security on the web somewhere, which I can consult?

Sincerely,
OlMan Silver

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 03:06:47 PM »
The thread you are referring to is exactly that sort of change log i did NOT have in mind ... :-(

Sincerely,
OlMan Silver

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 03:23:53 PM »
[quote author=Filip Havlicek link=topic=182475.msg1289012#msg1289012 date=1454509663

Activility log is no included in AMS 5 at the moment, but will be back in the foreseeable future. We are still evaluating the offloading to the SD card so I can't promise you any file with it will still exist once the feature returns.

[/quote]

While we are talking about logs: every morning the current version informs me in my Android's notification area that the nightly scheduled Smart Scan has finished, and saying "Now see the report!" asks me to click the button only to open the main application which then tells me "All apps and files on your device are safe".

Couldn't the text in the notification area just read either "No problems found" or "Problems encountered!  Click here to see details" or similar?

Sincerely,
OlMan Silver