Author Topic: Lavasoft Firewall  (Read 4253 times)

Staind

Lavasoft Firewall
« on: January 15, 2006, 05:37:28 PM »
Hey, I just noticed this now (unsure of when it was released) but it seems Lavasoft (the antispyware company) has released their own firewall: http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/firewall/

It's not free, but apparently it comes with the antispyware package.  Just curious if anyone has tried it out or heard of it previously.

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Lavasoft Firewall
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 06:36:57 PM »
Staind, Agnitum Outpost make a deal with Lavasoft Ad-aware.
In my opinion (I could be unfair as I have not extensivelly tested), neither the spyware features made Outpost firewall better neither the paid Lavasoft Firewall (paid) has that much to offer for the common users  :'(
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 08:00:40 PM »
The Lavasoft deal with Agnitum, for a licensed Outpost firewall doesn't include the other plug-ins that come with the Outpost Pro edition. In exchange Agnitum's Outpost Pro got an anti-spyware element in the pro version, this I promptly disabled as it scans in excess of 1000 files at boot. Plus I hardly need it with the other anti-spyware solutions, including adaware. I hate bloatware and this plug-in even when disabled insists on updating signatures when you check for updates.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free  24.8.6127 (build 24.8.9372.862) UI 1.0.814/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2006, 08:12:02 PM »
This plug-in even when disabled insists on updating signatures when you check for updates.
Isn't there an option to disable this update?
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2006, 08:28:27 PM »
I do disable auto updates, but when you select a manual check for updates (I'm looking for program updates), it tells you there are updates, but when you check you see they are signature updates, which you then have to untick, frustrating.

I would like to hope that it would be smart enought to see the anti-spyware plug-in is disabled and just chek for program updates.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free  24.8.6127 (build 24.8.9372.862) UI 1.0.814/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security