Author Topic: temporary disable of avast for LOL???  (Read 1730 times)

REDACTED

temporary disable of avast for LOL???
« on: May 19, 2016, 09:23:48 PM »
Ok so this is like the 10th time this dumb thing thinks LOL is a virus for whatever reason. I accidentally deleted the tag in the chest instead of restoring so now I can't restore my ability to play. Is there a way to find the file and allow it again, or should I just completely remove the antivirus and find a different one that allows my game? It is one of the most played games online ever, figured there wouldn't be a continual problem. Thank you.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 09:25:25 PM by Clinton16 »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: temporary disable of avast for LOL???
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 09:29:56 PM »
Simply download and install LOL again and create a global exclusion for it in avast.
I'm not entirely sure, but I believe that if the developers of LOL would digitally sign their file(s) it already would make a (huge?) difference.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 09:43:38 PM »
I don't really want to redownload it because it takes a couple hours. Could I change it's scope any way?

Offline denics

• Avast team
    • avast!
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 08:03:13 AM »
Hi, there was a problem with the digital signature and it generated a false positive. It's all fixed now. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Denis Konopiský - avast! VirusLab | Android & Windows Malware | VPS Operations | Whitelisting