Author Topic: Avast is stopping me from debugging my program  (Read 2538 times)

REDACTED

Avast is stopping me from debugging my program
« on: May 23, 2016, 08:16:16 PM »
I have a simple little Unity Assets Monitor that takes a Unity project path, and outputs a csv file and a text file.  It is released, and I have had no problems until today.

Today I updated my lists with a few additional file extensions, then tried to run a debug test from within Visual Studio 2015 Community.  The program built, but when it tried to launch Avast threw up a Win32.Evo-gen(Susp) pop-up message, and promptly removed the file.

I tested creating a release build and debugging that directly within VS, and there is no problem, it only happens when running in debug and clicking start within VS.  Please could you investigate.  I have submitted the file as a false positive for you.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 10:11:26 PM by Pondus »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Avast is stopping me from debugging my program
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 10:14:08 PM »
Digitally sign your application and check if it solves the problem.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 09:16:42 PM »
It's not the application that is the problem, I can launch the built debug application fine, for some reason it is when VS starts debugging this application from within VS in degub mode the problem occurs.  If I do exactly the same in release mode, there is no problem.

Offline Milos

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 12:05:36 PM »

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 08:41:40 PM »
Hi,

I submitted this via the system tray app as a false positive when it occurred.  I can submit the file again, but this issue only occurs when the debug build has the debugger attached.  The debug build runs fine on it's own.  I think this is more to do with the interaction of the debugger and the app.