Author Topic: Getting an "HTTP server returned error" this morning  (Read 2612 times)

REDACTED

Getting an "HTTP server returned error" this morning
« on: June 29, 2016, 12:23:15 PM »
Woke up today, restarted my computer, and found that Avast is now refusing to provide Active Protection because it can't evidently find the Avast servers.  It's telling me that I don't have a subscription.

If I try to log in manually through Avast, it tells me that it was unable to contact the Avast server.  If I try to update it manually, it simply doesn't bother.  When I tried to do a Repair, it gave me "HTTP server returned error".  Is this a temporary glitch with the authentication servers?  Or did my computer just randomly decide to say "No, I don't actually want Avast anyway" this morning and is sticking by this opinion for its own inexplicable reasons?

I make use of no other conflicting antivirus programs, and I'm presently using the proper subscription of Avast Internet Security (Renewed back in April for the year).  This issue literally started this morning.

As an added note, here's what Avast thinks my current version is.

Current Version: 11.2.2262
Release Date: 1969-12-31 7:00:00 PM

It's definitely not my internet that's the problem.  I'm going to try for a full reinstall next though, but I'd like to post this in case it doesn't work, so I can save time

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Getting an "HTTP server returned error" this morning
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 12:28:25 PM »

REDACTED

Re: Getting an "HTTP server returned error" this morning
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 12:46:11 PM »
Problem solved--trying to update through the Avast program kept bouncing, but when I picked "Update" instead of "Repair" when I opened it up with add/remove programs, it updated successfully and now seems to realize that it should be doing its job.