Author Topic: Unblocking a website  (Read 1104 times)

Offline colmmdaly

Unblocking a website
« on: August 30, 2021, 02:42:26 PM »
I have tried to unblock a recruitment website that is known to me and which is trustworthy but even by adding it as an exception on my Avast it still blocks me getting on to the website.
I have also gone as far as to turn off the web shield in the settings but is still blocking this website.
I need to resolve this or otherwise get rid of Avast altogether and ask for a refund as I connot go on like this. 

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Unblocking a website
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2021, 03:15:20 PM »
Not knowing what the website is it hard to say what the problem is, post only the domain name link not the http/www etc.

A screenshot of the Avast Alert window, with the More Details option expanded will help.

Trustworthy sites can be hacked also.
I don't know how the alert would occur if you have the Web Shield disabled, which is why the screenshot will help.
Are you using the Avast Online Security browser add-on (completely independent of the avast program, could it be this I wonder) ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security