Author Topic: AVAST premier disabled, and suspicious avast UAC window poped out  (Read 1182 times)

REDACTED

Hello , im using avast premier on my pc which is running windows 10 ,today when i wanted to click on something on the taskbar i accidentaly saw that there is yellow triangle next to the avast icon i opened it and i dont exactly remember what was written there , it was something like firewall is not enabled and antivirus śervice doesnot work

i think i had to update the avast manually even if the auto update is checked ,can i see what caused avast to not work properly? when i clicked resolve it started downloading update.

The second thing is, i did a boot scan 2 hours ago and then i did one smart scan , 30 minutes later while i was browsing a facebook a windows "UserAccountControl" popped out , and it was saying avast virus scanner needs my permission , but why ? i didnot run any scan , it was absolutely in front of doing something else, my computer is freshly factory reseted i havenot visited any risk website and also i havenot downloaded any risk file, but these two thing make me really nervous and unsure , what if avast didnot go because of virus and that popout was virus pretending to be avast and it wanted to gain permisions to steal files ?

can someone tell me how can i make sure myself what is that?

edit: funny thing is it happend once again right now i am chatting on facebook and avast virus scanner prompted UAC windows asking for permission ? whats wrong with it ? why is it asking me? it wasnot doing anything like this before ? what might have changed? im curious if its not related to that the avast was disabled just by itself i would like to know why it was disabled... the uac prompt might be caused because of the auto update tool which is running every 240 minutes but im sure it didnot ask me for uac permission before , thats why i consider it as a strange , but its still mystery to me what caused the avast to not autoupdate and stay disabled
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 05:09:43 AM by tomi_cpp »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: AVAST premier disabled, and suspicious avast UAC window poped out
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 08:40:15 AM »
Please post in the correct forum > https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2.0